Life through my eyes......

Monday, June 25, 2007

So I was all ready to do a post about the weekend but I got this email and I wanted to share it with you guys. Make sure you click on the link and watch it..it does take a second to watch so watch it when you have about 10 min to spare. It's extremly wonderful....I pray that you enjoy it as much as I did :)

This is BEYOND WORDS. If this was just the engagment, I can only imagine what the wedding will be like.
Listen to the words of the song playing in the background!! AWESOME!!


Please take a minute to watch the entire thing. Read below and then click on the link.

Subject: The proposal

You gotta see how this brotha proposed to his girl. Read the paragraph below and then click on the link preceding the paragraph to view theslideshow. The site has received so many hits that it may take a momentfor the slide presentation to display but it is well worth the wait.This guy Rob said God was unfolding a vision in his life over the spanof about a year and then he put faith to feet and made it happen. Rob and Keisha dated for about 4 years. And he knew that she was theone...but he had to save up for all that God had prompted him to do forher. So in short what you are about to see happen on April 28th....he rented out 10 rooms in the Ritz Carlton in buckhead and invited about 50-60 people to be there for this special night...Keisha had to go fromroom to room and in each room were people who were special tothem....his boy s...her girls...her Bible Study group....his parents...her parents..etc. and everybody in each room had questionsthat she had to answer to be able to move to the next room and beforeshe left each room the people there would pray over her....so you have to watch each room to see how that goes...he chose roses because Keisha's aunt who passed suddenly loved roses and he bought some of the dipped in gold because of the stories in the Bible about Solomon and how everything was dipped in gold and the song that you hear playing in the background was the same song that was played at Keisha aunts funeral, she was like a second mom to Keisha.

When Rob was asked what he was thinking and how it felt...he said that he was kicking and screaming all the way. not because he did not love Keisha and want to marry her....but because of the time, money,and stress that was spent doing this. Rob, put his house up for rent and saved for her ring and this night and he did it out of obedience...I have spent the past year of my life piecing together a vision givento me by God. On April 28th, 2007 that vision was fulfilled.My labor of love for the woman I love.

'God Is Love...The Proposal'Robert Gray, Jr.

http://www.spelhouse.com/gray/
posted by Ms.Honey at 6:07 AM

14 Comments:

I've seen it a few times, and I think I might be the only woman on the face of the earth who doesn't like it. I really think it is too much overkill for an engagement. He had to move in with his sister for six months or whatever to save for it, so I can only imagine what kind of debt they'll go into for the wedding.

I like the concept of being creative to show your love, but sometimes too much is too much. I also wonder if he'd intended for the whole world to watch him as he proposed to his girlfriend as much as the email has been circulated around the internet.

And I'm not hating, cuz I'm more than happy with the way my Hun proposed!

June 25, 2007  

well, I still cant see it. I have tried but I cant. oh well.

June 25, 2007  

Tasha...Umm WHAT???!!! He proposed did I miss something. I think I liked the concept more than anything too I just thought it was cute and very creative :)

Deep...I think it's more creative than anything..black love is grand.

June 25, 2007  

AMAZING...TRUELY AMAZING. It did take me a couple of tries before I could see it, but even without that WONDERFUL visual, it made me think of the things God has instructed me to do...that I've YET to complete. WOW.. thanks for this REALLY...God is tryna tell me something...LOL.

June 25, 2007  

It's been circulating and I found it kinda garish. It was just overkill. I thought that this included the wedding as well, but this is just the engagement...Yikes. I wonder if it keeps circulating will it make one of the bridal shows.

I just hope he can keep this up, lol

June 25, 2007  

I have seen this a few times as well. It was beautiful. I just hope dude can come with it for the actual wedding.

Now I gotta go to Tasha's spot cuz I missed the proposal too! Grrrrrr

June 25, 2007  

That was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!

My concern however much like everybody else's is what will the wedding be like if that was only an engagement??

Damn...I'm speechless....

June 25, 2007  

I agree with Tasha and Pam. I am with the mushsy romantic stuff. Being an artist, I love creative. It was overkill and I was tired of waiting for the proposal.

If he had had one room for the fam/friends and there were a few things read fine. Then another room for his proposal. I was thinking dang the wedding will have to be very elegant to match the proposal.

I like creativity and simplicity. Sorry midway I got a headache waiting. LOL.

June 25, 2007  

OK.....

I just finally watched this. Now, because I am into creativity and such I thought this was beautiful. Now, I don't think they intended for all of America to see it. I think that is probably the work of the photographer to drum up business.

I think that was special to them and she probably appreciates it. He took the time to have folks close to them and to incorporate her faith and spiritual family was a loving touch. So, if that is what he felt was the Vision that God gave him I am all for it.
If that was me, you would still be picking my behind up off the floor cause I would have been crying and all of that. I woulda went Baptist and started rolling all over the floor.

Just lovely to me. Just lovely.

June 25, 2007  

I saw this on another blog last night. I brought a tear to my eye.

June 25, 2007  

Got this in an email last week. Ehhh, it was cool and original. Nothing for me to get excited about...probably because it wasn't happening to me. Moreso in the sense that I can only get excited about things happening to me directly, not through others, rather than me hating. I think that was wonderful for them ;-)

My roomie on the other hand was straight boo'hooin'....that girl was hella emotional, lol

June 26, 2007  

I don't know why I'm back here after the fact...LOL, probably because some one else just sent it to me...two people actually, so I feel what Tasha's saying about the exposure, but the most important thing to me is the obedience to God. If this was something he was told to do by the Lord then thats IT.

I remember one day God woke up from my sleep and told me to write some specific direction for things down...a to do list...none of those things are what I particularly 'wanted' to do, but as children of the King we learn to go where He leads. I think that was to be the GREATEST part of this story.

June 26, 2007  

I think those of you who are disturbed by the engagement may be a bit jealous. This engagement was not for anyone but Keisha. It was not to please anyone else and I am pretty sure she loved every minute of it. This was not a "made for entertainment" engagement. I'm pretty sure that this woman loves this man enough to go to the courthouse and get married, that man has showed this woman how much he really cares and loves her. I'ts not about the money this was in his heart. To bad most men don't put in as much time and attention to get the woman. WOMEN STOP SETTLING AND TAKE NOTE OF WHAT A REAL MAN CAN DO!

July 16, 2007  

Born 2 prosper,thank you so much for the words. I just told my class why is negativity the first thing to come out of african american mouths. I am from atlanta and what was suppose to be sacred to these two people is now release to the world. I don't believe that the young lady needs to have a more extravagant wedding because after what she just experience a huge wedding could not justify his love for her no greater, so simple minds please pray and ask God to give you understanding as well as read the song of solomons in the old testamentto better understand the love a Man can really have for a woman who won't settle but will allow herself to be loved by a man who wants to love her. What God has joined to together Not man....

July 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home