Life through my eyes......

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thankful for no charge love......

This is one of my favorite gospel songs.......
No Charge

A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on.
After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week $1.00
For going to the store for you .50
Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping .25
Taking out the garbage $1.00
For getting a good report card $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, I'll tell you, his mother looked at him standing there expectantly, and boy, could I see the memories flashing through her mind.
So she picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on,
and this is what she wrote:

For the nine months I carried you while you were
growing inside me, No Charge.
For all the nights that I've sat up with you,
doctored and prayed for you, No Charge.
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've
caused through the years, there's No Charge.
When you add it all up, the cost of my love is No Charge.

For all the nights that were filled with dread, and
for the worries I knew were ahead, No Charge.
For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping
your nose, there's No Charge, Son.
And when you add it all up, the full
cost of real love is No Charge.

Well, friends, when her son finished reading what his
mother had written, there were great big old tears
in his eyes, and he looked straight up at his mother and
said, "Mom, I sure do love you." And then he took the
pen and in great big letters he wrote:
"PAID IN FULL."
~By Shirley Ceaser
posted by Ms.Honey at 6:54 AM

6 Comments:

I LOVE that song.

March 12, 2008  

you are such an old soul. lol

March 12, 2008  

Diva....I used to love listening to it

Deep...LOL I get it from you :)

March 12, 2008  

Amen.

Your last post made me laugh.

March 13, 2008  

AWWW. that used to be the jam!

March 13, 2008  

I hadn't heard this song in sooo long. My aunt used to break out and sing it whenever her kids would ask for something back. This definitely brings back memories...THANKS!!!

March 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home