Life through my eyes......

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Ain't Gonna Beg you no more

The roomie and I were on the bus having a conversation about the daily tosses and turns of dating. She was telling me about her last dating experience where the guy finally went through with what he said he was going to do..giving her directions to his house and all that jazz. He even cooked dinner and had some wine. So she goes over and right when she gets comfortable...his lil sister calls and asks him to come over cause there is something wrong with their mother. So his mom has his car, which means my room mate has to drive him to his mom's house. She gets there and mother dear is throwing up all over the place.....not exorcist but almost exorcist (yea gross) so to make a long story short they didn't get to eat dinner, and he and his mother kept apologizing the whole night. It's quite alright I mean I would hope someone wasn't causing themselves to throw up on purprose all to mess up a date that her son had with someone.

Anyway..she tells her story and I tell my lil trial of what the heck is going on in my life and we both realize that the thrill is gone. No I don't mean the song, I mean have you noticed that you meet someone and they seem eager to get to know you, to return calls, to take you out and show you a good time. Then BAM it's over..they are slow at returning calls or they become overly obsessive. Meaning they get mad when you dont' call them one day..I mean life happens, how do you know that I'm not dead in the gutter somewhere or that I didn't lose my phone.

So we both decided that right then and there we were going to be So nonchalant (lol thanks Faithy). Meaning if you call you call, if you don't you dont. No more giving subtle hints on spending time with a guy, no more being the nice one and always acting concerened about how his day goes. I mean our fathers have treated us like princess until we can marry someone who will treat us his queen..so in dating why shouldn't we get the best. Should I settle for someone who only calls every couple of days or only calls when he has nothing better to do....NO. I will not be last on the totem pole anymore. I mean the way I see it is that if you like me and want this to progress to something else then you should be more than willing to do what it takes. In church and in my up bringing it's been taught to me that a man who finds a wife finds a good thing. So why must I continually "try" to make things happen.

My husband is out there looking for me just as I am looking for him. It's just the waiting that's killing me (smile) then again when he finally arrives and he's everything I've wanted and more I'll smile and realize that it was all worth it...till then what must I do.

Live and let live...dating is fine for the moment. I just have to learn how to be more aggressive in meeting people who interest me. I tend to be shy...I don't know why. I've never been one to go up to a guy and just ask for their number that is unless I have a lil liquor in my system lol. It's just sad to know that I've had one good relationship and it ended on a good note..but the fact that it ended still causes me to feel pain sometimes. He's a wonderful guy who is all that I would want in a future husband....and if he is never mine, that's fine I know that he will make whoever he marries a wonderful husband. So I know there has to be more than one good man out there...the question is why can't they come out of the bushes.....lol

So in the words of the good ole American Idol..who is slowly but surely learning how to read better...I ain't gonna beg you no more....sick and tired of waiting and I dont' know what I'm waiting for.....

Come with a plan or don't come at all
posted by Ms.Honey at 11:26 AM

1 Comments:

Dating is...dare I say it - interesting. I like your new outlook and approach to dating. Agressively going after the men who interest you (win, lose or draw) that's sexy.

November 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home