Life through my eyes......

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Goodbye

I don't even know why I feel the need to talk to you right now, because we haven't spoken or rather had a long conversation in a while. But every once in a while I think of you. When I glance at my window and see a perfect sunset.....when I see no stars in the sky only the moon....when I see Jack finally let go on the Titanic. I think of you.

Just when you think that you have it all figured out and there will be no surprises something occurs and you understand that you know nothing at all. It all happens so suddenly that you don't even know how or what just happened. I laughed when my mom told me that something would occur shaking the very foundation of what we thought we had....and she was right. I never expected it or even you to come along.

It's funny how after all this time I still feel the need to tell you that I love you. From the moment that we said that we would be together I loved you and I realize that feelings that deep don't go away. I know that time and space hasn't allowed us to be together right now but I want you to know that you are always in my thoughts, prayers and heart. I can't predict the future and say that we will or won't end up together and to be honest at this very moment my feelings for someone else are growing each day.

You allowed me to experience true love and all that it brings. You allowed me to be me and never question myself. Because of you I am who I am today. I know what I want in someone who I create my future life with and I won't accept any less. Because of you I know what it's like to be treated like a princess and I could never regret that.


When we first parted ways I was hurt and to some extent I do wonder sometimes what and where we would be if we were still together right now. Would we be married, working towards it, having our first or second child. However we're not there and I can no longer dwell on what isn't but what is. And that's the fact that we are friends. I'd rather have you as a friend in my life..always in my corner, there when I need you than to not have you at all. You are amazing and I hope you know that. You are a blessing to everyone that comes in contact with you. Each time that we talk it's like I'm hearing your voice for the first time, that's just how much I love our conversations and even though we don't talk that often whenever I hear from you it's a joy. I still smile when I see a note from you, I still smile when I see that poem I wrote about you, I even smile when I think of how you bought me a stuffed dog because I wanted a dog so much but of course couldn't have one because I lived on campus. Just thinking about how much I've changed since we met causes me to smile.

Because of the time that I spent with you before, during and after we were together I came to a greater understanding of who I am. I love to love, I love hugs, I like when someone shows me affection, I like the simple things in life....I am me and I can't and won't change that for anyone. I can cater to someone and still feel like I'm me, I can love someone and not be taken advantage of, I can be silly and not be afraid that they are laughing at me and not with me. Because of you I love me even more and I can't regret that ever occuring. I am content on spending time with me...I am content to not pick up the phone and hunt someone down. Because when someone loves you...things like calling everyday just happen....things like buying a favorite candy bar (when you know you're going to see them) just seem ordinary. Hugs are natural, reaching for their hand as you walk down the street occurs just as easily as the wind blows. I am content in showing that I care without being afraid that someone will doesn't care for me. I love freely as if love will only occur this time at this moment.

I can remember the first day we met like it was yesterday. I had vowed never to do that whole BP thing ever again but something about your note to me made me want to know more. So we conversed and so it began and now almost 7 years later you are still one of my closest friends and you probably don't even know it. I harbor no ill feelings toward you regarding the way we ended because it was needed in order for each of us to be who we are at this moment. Thank you for that. I couldn't see then what I see now of course and because of how things occurred I've experienced so much. Because of how things ended with you I was able to interact with a man who also taught me about love but also about betrayal..something that I wasn't familiar with and becuase of him I'm alot smarter and now I'm in the midst of something that I cant and won't put into words.

I'm happy and I hope you are as well. I know that I must move on and many times I think I have but there comes that time when I hear a song, see a picture or see a face and I'm reminded of you. Reminded that love does exist and that even though things don't work out when two people seem so perfect for one another....you can still exist.

So you may never read this but I want you to know that I love you, always will and you will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you for all that you have allowed me to be and become...thank you for teaching me how to love me and love someone else freely. Thank you for entering my life and leaving it...yet continually popping up unexpectedly. Thank you for just being you.


I want you to know that I'm beginning to care again....and yes I still wear my heart on my sleeve but I know how to be more comfortable just being alone. I've met someone who reminds me of you in so many ways that it's scary and I'm trying not to compare and in fact I won't even dare because although you two are wonderful, phenomenal men you are very different. His love for music matches yours to a T and because of HIM the shell that I created after my last hurt is slowly being broken. I can't speak for the future and of course I won't try but I do know that where ever this goes, I am content in knowing that things work out in the end. I'm content in knowing that what occurs at this time is more important that worrying about what will occur. I can't focus on being hurt because in turn I will hurt myself and the potential of what could be....so I just have to be. Living and loving as if I'll die tomorrow.

So this is not good bye to you as a friend, but a good bye to the feelings of wishing, wanting and yearing to be with you again. Because everything happens for a reason and I know that life goes on and so will I.


~Honey Libra~
posted by Ms.Honey at 6:13 AM

25 Comments:

Wow, that was very thoughtful and poignant. Now, I need you to get out of my head. I just said exactly the same thing (especially the last paragraph) to my ex yesterday.

I'm glad you haven't allowed what went wrong to prevent you from feeling. We all build shells around us as protection, but that shell shouldn't be permanent. It's good that you recognize that and are allowing good feelings back in.

January 25, 2007  

lookahere,
I am not known for bing emotional and carrying on but this morning, I was like, aawwwwwwwww. Girl, you have such a way with words and your heart shows through your writting. This was so beautiful. It made me want to do something similar. Awwwwwwwwwwww.

January 25, 2007  

Wow, I think you may need to send this to him.

January 25, 2007  

Tasha...thank you (lol) I'm sure he knows how I feel then again he may not..and you are correct about building shells

Deep..LOL, I just had to get it out..every once in a while he pops up and today was one of those days.

Lady...Yea I'm thinking then again I don't know if I'm ready to do that LOL

January 25, 2007  

wow that was a nice closer. how start ur engine and keep it movinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!LOL gurl do the damn ting!

January 25, 2007  

i know about this shell oh to well. the thing aobut it is, I am very trusting so it goes against everything in me to question ppls actions. But at the same time the hurt in me feels I need to be cautious.

January 25, 2007  

Extremely touching, shells are good sometimes, they protext us nut remember that you have to shed it and get a new one, enough room for you to move around but still be protected. it is good to see you didn't just become bitter or jaded but let these feelings help you grow

January 25, 2007  

letting goo of those feelings, is such a release and a start to a new beginning... am so happy for you, its just the beginning

January 25, 2007  

I didn't know I meant that much to you. What is this word delusional, I sense you're thinking? LOL!

This was a nice and thoughtful post. The last paragraph especially sounded like a eulogy to former love.

January 25, 2007  

Oh Honey, that was so heart felt. What a great summary of your feelings.

January 25, 2007  

Victory...LOL..I had to get it out

knowone...I know exactly what you mean and I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt and I still do but now I do it and keep my third eye open LOL

Creative...yea they are but when it stops you from just being happy thats when we have to check ourselves

TC...just glad to get it out LOL

Freaky...I know I can't wait for you and I just have to let you go LOL

Paula...thank you glad that I can finally honestly say that I've let go..I still love him but now in a different way.

January 25, 2007  

What the heck is going on? I was thinking of posting something VERY similiar.....something in the air?

January 25, 2007  

this letter is powerful, you have the gift to express yourself so passionately, thanks for sharing your inner-self

January 25, 2007  

Mis...LOL I have no clue, maybe it's something in the water :)

lurically...thank you and you are most welcome :)

January 25, 2007  

lovin your words...

January 25, 2007  

I like this.

Do you know how to block people from a blog site? I want to be this open on my blog, but people read that I don't want having that piece of me.

January 25, 2007  

redd...thank you

dynasty...glad ya like it :) The only thing I know is to invite readers therefore making your blog private..I'm too seasoned in blogging LOL

January 25, 2007  

Whew! I had to go into the recesses of my mind to get to the chapter in my life when I had a chapter of this poignant book. It's always refreshing to take a relationship squeeze out that which can sustain you on your journey and then LEAVE IT BEHIND!

Toast to a queen!

January 25, 2007  

You write when you get ready don'tcha Honey? Wow. Well done. I felt it all. I'm like that kid in Oliver: "More please!"

January 25, 2007  

that's a HELLUVA way to say goodbye. and you handled it with such grace and charm too ma'am! aint nothing better than a letter that purges everything from your soul...im a long letter writer too! ;-)

January 25, 2007  

I think a lot of woman have been here before. I can see myself in that letter. I think it is great you are moving on.

January 25, 2007  

i've been meaning to stop by for the longest, funny i pick today to do so...reading this was like reading from my own journal. your words are so eloquent and heartfelt. i will be back

January 25, 2007  

deep shawty deep....happy friday..

January 26, 2007  

Damn.. you go ma!!! LET GO LET GO LET GO!!!!

*breathe*.. doesn't it feel good!!!


excellent piece.. damn I know that HAD to have felt GREAT!

January 26, 2007  

I can relate to this so much because I went throught it last year with not one, but two of my ex-girlfriends. Sometimes reality sets in and its hard for us to accept it. Other times, its a blessing in disguise. People come into your life for a reason, season, or lifetime, but the lessons they teach us (therefore memories of them) last forever.

January 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home