Life through my eyes......

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself. (Oprah Winfrey)

Hey girl-

So many times you realize how blessed you are to have wonderful people in your corner and you forget about yourself so I wanted to take this time to tell you that I'm so thankful for you....for who you are...for who you will become....for who you want to be and what you want to do.

I know that you sometimes feel overwhelmed by life, but dont let it get you down and forget that what you're going through provides you with strength...we all know that God doesn't put more on you than you can bear. So you must be a pretty strong person. To be honest you amaze me. I can remember when you wanted so much for others to like you when that wasn't even necessary.....if they dont' like you that's on them, not you. You're the bomb without them and no you don't have a big head you just know how wonderful you are and if they can't see that then boo to them. As Mary says in your favorite song take me as I am or have nothing at all...remember that song when you start to think you aren't good enough for someone to be friends with...who cares about them wanting to be your friend..you aint in HS no more LOL

Thank you so much for finally realizing just how special you are. I didn't think you would ever see what I see. How I love the way your eyes glow when you look at things you love...how you smile inwardly when you smell fresh cut grass in the summer. How you look in the mirror in the morning and make faces...how you sing in the shower and even how you dance when you think no one is watching. Life is about living and just being and you've finally realized it.

Thank you for realizing that love isn't all peaches and cream...that sometimes it takes tears to go through it and come out ok. He was a bum for hurting you....and he apparently didn't know what he had and wasn't ready to be with you, and yes it hurt...but you got over it. I know that you can be finicky at times LOL...but hey we all can be. You cried and moved on..realized that there must have been something so much better on the other side. I know you get tired of me trying to remind you to be positive...but believe you me I'm not shutting up so you might as well get use to it. Someone has to see the sun through the rain.

Yes you can be negative sometimes and I've even caught you being jealous, but you need to check yourself before things get out of hand. Its ok to notice what others have but you need to be thankful for what God has given you..you never know you might be stopping your own blessing cause your watching someone elses. And that is not a good thing, watch yourself from now on.

You finally opened yourself up to getting over him and look what you got. You finally stopped comparing HUN to him and look how things have blossomed. Yea I know you have your moments with doubt, but you can't let that destroy something that clearly makes you smile. I see you staring at him sometimes when he has his eyes closed....how you reach to hold his hand as you all are walking along....how you all play around just being silly. Do you know that if you hadn't let go, you wouldn't even be able to experience this right now? Believe me I know this whole living with him is scary but that's what life is about.....not being afraid to just live and experience something outside of your normal box. He's right for you....and that's that.... no if ands or buts about it. He does have his quirks but so do you..need I remind you about how bougie you can be sometimes..momma didn't raise you to be that way. You better stop before you lose him then you'd be foreced to deal nonsense again and a good thing like him doesnt' come around too often.

Thank you for finally being able to look in the mirror and love your curves. You've lost some weight and you do look pretty good...but don't get caught up in trying to be what society claims to be beautiful. I personally love your thighs and butt LOL...but that's just me. Do what you have to do to tone up but don't get caught up in the hype of weighing what they claim to be right for you.....you know what feels right and what makes you look like a crackhead. And we can't have that now can we. How you look makes you who you are...realize that and accept it, what does society know anyway..they think Paris Hilton is HOT LOL...and she's clearly not :)

I know that you cry sometimes because you just feel like things aren't going right, but I hope you understand that things have to go this way in order for the future to be the way that it will be. It's ok to cry, but don't get to the point where you can't see the good that comes out of those tears..that you cant see how much better you feel once you have cried...don't cry so much that you aren't ever happy....because you have so much to be happy for...a family that cares for you, that loves you, friends who are more than friends...they are another extension of family...you are more than blessed...in fact too blessed to be stressed too anointed to be disappointed. Learn that your tears are cleansing you and allowing you to progress....don't discourage them from falling accept them and what they stand for

I know you get discouraged that your relationship with God isn't where you want it to be...but he knows your heart..he knows you are striving to do better. Just work a little harder on the things that you can do better at...recognize your faults and work to better yourself...that's all he asks...accept who you are and don't try to be someone that you aren't. He created you wonderfully, why would you want to change that?

Thank you for being such a wonderful friend, even to those that don't deserve it. Many people aren't blessed to have a person like you in their life...someone who will give of themselves and dont think twice. Yes some folks take it for granted and believe that you are weak, but hey they will get what they got coming to em. Just keeping being who God created you to be and doing you...

Just wanted you to know that I think your wonderful Honey, you are beautiful and if you ever stop thinking that I will personally meet you in a dark alley somewhere and open up a can of whoop tail on ya :)

I see you, I understand you...I love you...because I am you


posted @9:27am
posted by Ms.Honey at 6:11 AM

25 Comments:

I think I like this gratitude Wednesday post the best thus far!

May 09, 2007  

Lady....aww thank you

May 09, 2007  

Beautiful and truthful.

May 09, 2007  

omg this was beautiful.. very truthful and open.. if that wasnt an open letter to your soul I don't know what is..

Today seems to be the day.. you, 1969 and me.. wow..

May 09, 2007  

MizJJ...thank you

BK...AWWWWW hmm must be that kind of day :)

May 09, 2007  

Awwwwww. Look at you. I told you, I need a friggin warning. Iont like to be crying an mess. This mug made me all motional and thangs. lol. Just beautiful.

May 09, 2007  

very nice!!!

May 09, 2007  

Deep...AWWW I didn't mean it, I promise!! LOL

JAC...thank you :)

May 09, 2007  

All grown-up....its amazing how you come to learn so much and so much more is to come.

May 09, 2007  

very nice!! Honey acceptance is key and learning to love you is a beautiful thing!!!! YAY

May 09, 2007  

Love it! I like the part about stop looking at what someone else has b/c you could be blocking your own blessing. That is so true.

May 09, 2007  

Mis...well I'm trying :)

Yaz..thanks I'm learning to just be me cause that's all I can do

TSG...I think that's most important we sometimes are always lookin in someone's window when we need to focus on our own.

May 09, 2007  

Great post. I've had self affirming conversations like that in my head on occasion but never have I thought to put word to paper. This is an exercise everyone should try.

Thanks for the blog visit. I hope GFs surprised you in a good way. :-) Appreciate the love.
Shawn

May 09, 2007  

AW MAN!!!! I LOVES IT!!!!!

Can I be like you when I grow up?

May 09, 2007  

That's what I'm talkin' about. How can you love others if you don't love yourself?

Go Gurl!

May 09, 2007  

Shawn..Your right you realize so much about yourself when you're honest with you..it did I wish Toni had come back though LOL

CI...Glad ya liked it :) Hmm can I be like me when I grow up lol

SJ...you always pick the right day to come by LOL..when I'm feeling thoughtful and insightful :)

May 09, 2007  

"I personally love your thighs and butt LOL...but that's just me." Get out of my head! LOL! Just kidding, um kind of, okay, not really. ;o)

Nice, introspective and reflective post.

May 09, 2007  

Freaky...Count on you to point that out LOL

May 10, 2007  

Paris Hilton is far from Hot - although she has to be sweating about starting her jail sentence in the near future.

May 10, 2007  

2 Dollar...HAHHAHA...yea we know she's not HOT but others think she is lol..yea she is sweating trying to make bargains and what not should have thought about that before ya drank that drank girly

May 10, 2007  

wow...that was a very nice post...it's amazing what kind words from even a stranger will do for a person life. I'm glad you posted this...I'm sure somebody needed to hear it...what a wonderfull blessing.

May 10, 2007  

wow honey...
i luv this letter

May 10, 2007  

Simply Beautiful...

May 11, 2007  

Awesome sweetie. Loved it.

May 14, 2007  

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY HONEY

May 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home