Life through my eyes......

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WOW

I was so not expecting to go home this weekend. I had taken off next Friday so I could be home the whole weekend since my lil sister was due with her third kid.

I get a call Saturday morning that her water had broken...I half way closed my eyes then jumped back up cause I realized that this is the first time that I could be there for the whole thing so I jumped in the shower, put clothes on, packed some clothes for that night and sunday and drove to hampton. Made it down there by 9:15am and lets just say I was on Big Sister/Auntie mode for the rest of the weekend.

I got hungry and decided that I would hit up the church picnic and also play with my nephews while I was there so I got lil sis some ice and told her I'd be back in like 2 hours. Got to the church, ate some food, played with the nephews and get a call that they are gonna give my sis the epidural.

I pack up the nephews and get my other sister and we head on to the hospital. My parents had other stuff to do so it was up to me to make sure that everything was ok. Of course it would have been ok even if I hadn't been there but you know how that goes, you just wanna make sure. Now my sister's pressure had been going up and down and the baby's heart rate was going up and down as well. Homegirl was on Magnesium and potocin (to induce her contractions which had stopped) so yea she was like in and out of it. She progressed from 4.5 cm to 5 to 7 and finally 9...my other sis took my nephews out the room and it was time for baby to come.

Now I've seen the videos and all that crap but to be there live and in living color man I was crying. She did a good job even though see was in and out of it. The midwife was like I hope she can remember she gave birth (I think my sis was a lil dramatic but that's just me..I aint had not one kid so what do i know lol). But she asked to hold him so the midwife was like well that's good. I got to cut the cord and be the first person to hold him.

My mom and dad got there like 10 min after Ja'lyn Derrick O'neil came into the world weighing 7.9 pds and 21 inches long. After they cleaned him up his big brothers came in and we all took pics of course. My youngest nephew fat fat (Jeremiah) was looking at JayDee like I'm the baby what are you doing here lol....

So once again I'm an AUNTIE!!!!! I've named my nephews the JSquad since all of their names begin with J's: Jai, Jeremiah and Ja'lyn.

So I'm pooped, I can not even begin to imagine how I will be preg lol...and yep I had another preg dream this time it was my momma.....what in the devil is going on....


posted@10:50am
posted by Ms.Honey at 7:42 AM

12 Comments:

Congrats Auntie!

July 29, 2008  

YAY!

eww@being there during the birth. that scares me...really really scares me. you're so brave.

July 29, 2008  

Congrats to you and your sister. I hope I'll be posting my birth story soon. I'm so tired of being pregnant and are only 39 weeks.

July 29, 2008  

AWH.. so that's where you disappeared to homie!!!! LOL.. glad everything went well and she had ANOTHER healthy baby boy!!! which means you are having all the girls LOL..

July 29, 2008  

Congrats on becoming Auntie III. You are truly blessed.

July 29, 2008  

Yay, congrats to you and your sis! Beautiful blessing :-)

July 29, 2008  

Congrats....you're an auntie....AGAIN!


Hmmmm lets talk about that eye...

July 29, 2008  

Congrats... I just love being an auntie... 2 boys... Hayden and Jayden... I love how you spell Jai

July 29, 2008  

Once again, congrats on the new addition to the fam.
WOW @ 3 boys!!

Some gals have all the luck!!! :-)

July 29, 2008  

congrats on the new addition to the family! a (very!) small part of me wants to be an auntie...

July 30, 2008  

Congrats on the new member!! What an experience being there in person! I would have fainted.

July 30, 2008  

Don't be concerned about dreaming that people are pregnant. From what I hear, you have to worry when you start dreaming about fish.

July 30, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home