Life through my eyes......

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Health Watch


Well if you've been reading my blog since about Jan you might be wondering how the whole weight lose is going. I have lost 10 pds which is great and it's staying off which is also a good sign...that it won't be coming back anytime soon.

I've gotten into the habit of writing down what I eat and how many calories that it has in a lil notebook and you'd be surprised how hard it is to go over 1200 calories..unless you are just a hungry lil bastard LOL..sike I'm joking. But for real when I looked at how many calories I would have to continue eating in order to stay at the weight I was at...I'd have to be eating all day, and eating stuff that I know I shouldn't be eating, so needlesstosay that woke me up.

I walk everyday for about an hour during my lunch break and now that I have Giz I walk for about an hour (30 min intervals) when I'm at home.....I've also noticed that cooking dinner helps cause I take time to prepare my food and I know what's going in it and all that jazz (plus eating fast food does get tiresome after a while I mean how many times can you eat nuggets and fries LOL). I'm not a gym buff but since they keep having these Bally's commericials on I'm thinking about joining and going..then again with me trying to start class in the summer and with Gizmo being at home...that might not happen so I'll have to keep monitoring what I eat and kick it up a notch when it comes to my walking.

I try to drink more water.....and I've found that I hate going to the bathroom so much LOL....I mean dang I feel like a tsumani..every 5 min I'm up and running LOL...I know I know TMI, anywho.....I've noticed that some clothes are fitting a lil diff which is good and I've given myself a reasonable time period to get down to where I want to be and of course I'm not gonna tell ya that lol....but when I get back down there I'll make sure I let ya know.

So of course in my quest to be somewhat healthier I've found out a lot of interesting things about myself and other things:

1. Of course you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day

2. If you drink 1 gallon of water that burns 300 calories which is like running 3 miles (of course I didnt' believe this but hey that's what they say.

3. You should walk at least 10,000 steps a day which burns approx. 500 calories

4. One pound of fat is 3500 calories...ewwww!! LOL

5. I can go without eating a whole bagel LOL

6. My stomach gets full before my brain knows it's full (You should stop eating once you feel full not once all your food is gone...I know Mom, sorry lol)

7. I have become obsessed with weighing myself so I'm going back to weighing myself once a week

8. It takes time to gain weight and time for it to come off

9. I sometimes eat because I'm bored..so I try to occupy my time now (if I feel hungry I snack but not I dont' over snack or I drink water....lol, it's a mind thing)

10. I'm gonna love being a size 12 again (yes!!!) nothing tastes as good as being healthy

11. Drowning my salad in ranch isnt' necessary lol..it tastes just fine with ranch drizzled on it.

12. How come others have noticed I've lost weight but I can't really see it..then again are they just trying to encourage me so I dont' get depressed.

13. Don't make it seem like you are cheating when you eat something you are craving just don't over do it....

14. Have a reasonable goal..dont' expect to lose 50 pounds in 2 months.....NOT!! LOL

posted@10:49
posted by Ms.Honey at 7:34 AM

22 Comments:

good for you, ma, take your time. its not healthy to loose weight quickly. they say 2 lbs per week is healthy. I cant get into calorie counting...I aint got time for all that, lol

March 28, 2006  

@ no1special...yea I feel ya but see for me I have to do it or I'll not think about what I'm eating and how it will look on me later LOL...

March 28, 2006  

I've lost 60 or so pounds. I only eat out on weekends, limit myself to 600 cals a day during the week, used to be gym everyday but 5 days a week sometimes. It does help to write things down. I keep a list of good and bad on my fridge and I snack only on fruits or I'll get a peppermint or some gummy candy. Basically I only eat low or no fat foods, don't worry about carbs, etc cause they'll give me energy for the gym. Plus the other thing I do is eat the majority of my cals in the AM. Now if I could just put the coffee and tea down...

March 28, 2006  

@stil..wow, I'm gonna have to remember all that, especially eating out only on weekends...I do eat most of my cals during the day though and I've noticed I'm not as hungry at night, which is great and if I am I drink water

March 28, 2006  

congrats on the 10lbs!

i go to curves.. its an all woman gym.. all you have to do is set aside 30 min a day at least 3 times a week in order to see results and it's only $29/month.. well worth it.. now i just need to work on what i eat! LOL

March 28, 2006  

Food journals are the BOMB! Some people don't really know just how much they eat in a day!

Congrats on the 10 and keeping it off! That last part is crucial!

March 28, 2006  

guuurrrl...i am so feeling this post!!
sorry i been away from commenting. :)
but i haven't forgotten u.
congrats on ur journey and the 10lbs!!!
size 12 is my goal too!!
i'm in a 16 now...ugh

but n e way, this post just inspired me
*putting on my sneaks*

i'm going to the gym

smooches

March 28, 2006  

honey, you know we posted about the same things today, lol

March 28, 2006  

Good for you! Keep it up!

March 28, 2006  

Congratulations on your 10lbs, but more importantly congratulations on losing weight in a healthy way. My roommate is constantly on these crazy liquid diets, and wonders why she feels ill all the time. Take your time with it, and why do other people notice it before you? Because everyone is more critical of themsleves. If they say it, they probably see it :D

March 28, 2006  

I am going to use as inspiration. However, now that it's getting nice out I can't wait to get out and exercise.

March 28, 2006  

good tips on the weight loss. Congrats on losing the weight , its definately not an easy thing. You can also try tracking your good intake on http://sparkpeople.com

March 28, 2006  

LOL @ the tsunami reference. Congrats on the 10 LBs staying off.

March 28, 2006  

Congrats on the 10lbs. Your post was very inspiring. I hope it rubs off on me.

March 28, 2006  

I am glad that you are taking care of your health nw instead of later when all the problems pop up.

March 28, 2006  

Oh, the never-ending trials of weight loss...

Congrats on the 10 pounds, and you were right, It takes time to put weight on , and it seems to take even longer to get it off.

March 29, 2006  

Good for you! I struggle with my weight al the time. I joined Ballys last year.... now if I could just drag my ass there at least 3 times a week I should be fine! Keep up the good work!!!!

March 29, 2006  

congrats to you, mamma! you go girl!

you gotta do what works for you. that's the only way it stays off. for me, it's basically just eating vegetables and fruits, staying away from starches and sugars (for the most part, anyway), and working out everyday with an emphasis on weight training.

i say definitely join a gym or at the very least incorporate some kind of weight training into your workout. i can't express to you how much of a difference both in weight loss and body shape weight training gives. the muscle burns fat, which means even when you're not at the gym, you're losing weight!

good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey! i'm right there with you sista.

March 29, 2006  

they are right so do it one step at a time

March 29, 2006  

oNCE I LOST ABOUT 5 LBS IN A WEEK........Im tryna gain weight though and as hard as it for some to lose its even harder for me to gain......
so i can use that 10 lbs u lost,,GIVE IT UP!!!!!!

March 29, 2006  

A GREAT website to track what you eat and to track your weight loss goals is www.sparkpeople.com (ITS FREE!!) :)
I started it a while back and it really helps. You input your weight loss goals and it suggests how many calories to eat a day and how much exercise to do in order to reach your goal by your date. There is an extensive database of foods so you can track the calories you eat.
Try it!
Good luck! I've lost 15, and have 10 more to go! :)

March 30, 2006  

Excellent, love it! Coffee maker 5c 5c valtrex and dosage Trimming fat weight loss pill fat burner healthfitnessdiet Warroadmn hockey Carnival cruises nude levaquin

February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home