Life through my eyes......
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Well if you've been reading my blog since about Jan you might be wondering how the whole weight lose is going. I have lost 10 pds which is great and it's staying off which is also a good sign...that it won't be coming back anytime soon.
I've gotten into the habit of writing down what I eat and how many calories that it has in a lil notebook and you'd be surprised how hard it is to go over 1200 calories..unless you are just a hungry lil bastard LOL..sike I'm joking. But for real when I looked at how many calories I would have to continue eating in order to stay at the weight I was at...I'd have to be eating all day, and eating stuff that I know I shouldn't be eating, so needlesstosay that woke me up.
I walk everyday for about an hour during my lunch break and now that I have Giz I walk for about an hour (30 min intervals) when I'm at home.....I've also noticed that cooking dinner helps cause I take time to prepare my food and I know what's going in it and all that jazz (plus eating fast food does get tiresome after a while I mean how many times can you eat nuggets and fries LOL). I'm not a gym buff but since they keep having these Bally's commericials on I'm thinking about joining and going..then again with me trying to start class in the summer and with Gizmo being at home...that might not happen so I'll have to keep monitoring what I eat and kick it up a notch when it comes to my walking.
I try to drink more water.....and I've found that I hate going to the bathroom so much LOL....I mean dang I feel like a tsumani..every 5 min I'm up and running LOL...I know I know TMI, anywho.....I've noticed that some clothes are fitting a lil diff which is good and I've given myself a reasonable time period to get down to where I want to be and of course I'm not gonna tell ya that lol....but when I get back down there I'll make sure I let ya know.
So of course in my quest to be somewhat healthier I've found out a lot of interesting things about myself and other things:
1. Of course you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
2. If you drink 1 gallon of water that burns 300 calories which is like running 3 miles (of course I didnt' believe this but hey that's what they say.
3. You should walk at least 10,000 steps a day which burns approx. 500 calories
4. One pound of fat is 3500 calories...ewwww!! LOL
5. I can go without eating a whole bagel LOL
6. My stomach gets full before my brain knows it's full (You should stop eating once you feel full not once all your food is gone...I know Mom, sorry lol)
7. I have become obsessed with weighing myself so I'm going back to weighing myself once a week
8. It takes time to gain weight and time for it to come off
9. I sometimes eat because I'm bored..so I try to occupy my time now (if I feel hungry I snack but not I dont' over snack or I drink water....lol, it's a mind thing)
10. I'm gonna love being a size 12 again (yes!!!) nothing tastes as good as being healthy
11. Drowning my salad in ranch isnt' necessary lol..it tastes just fine with ranch drizzled on it.
12. How come others have noticed I've lost weight but I can't really see it..then again are they just trying to encourage me so I dont' get depressed.
13. Don't make it seem like you are cheating when you eat something you are craving just don't over do it....
14. Have a reasonable goal..dont' expect to lose 50 pounds in 2 months.....NOT!! LOL