Life through my eyes......

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

How to Feel Appreciative for all your Life's Blessings

Each week I try to find something that speaks to me about remembering to be thankful and to you guys who stop by...today I found this...ENJOY!!!

Being thankful opens us up to receiving all kinds of wonderful blessings. When in a state of gratefullness, we acknowledge our true selves & radiate this energy to others
What does it mean to be thankful? I'm not talking about being polite after someone's opened the door for you. I'm talking about feeling thankful for the true blessings in your life.

"True Blessings" mean the things in your life that resonate importance in your life - the things that touch your core. You may be wondering why it's important to feel thankful. Oprah talked about this concept a few years ago and she suggested having a thankfulness journal. This is a great idea because it keeps us focussed on the positives in our lives. It helps us see the great things we have and do, and puts our frustrations and worries into perspective. But even if you don't have a journal, you can see the benefits of being conscious of thankfulnesss - again, it keeps us focused on the great and wonderful things in our lives.

How does being thankful affect your life? Let's look at it in terms of someone you may know. Imagine the person who is usually in a bad mood. They are always complaining about something, there is always someone who's done something to them and they're always getting the bum deal. This person is hard to be around and it takes a lot of energy to maintain a relationship with them. By the end of a visit, you're exhausted! Do you think this person is a thankful one? Probably not. In fact, if you asked them what they're thankful for, they may have a hard time telling you.

On the other hand, think of someone else you know. This person is energetic, and has a certain spark to them. They laugh a lot and have a "can-do" attitude. They may be afraid, but they are willing to try new things. If you ask them what they're thankful for, they will be able to list off many. And when you visit with this person, you feel energized, inspired and thankful to know them. It's safe to say that this person is more fulfilled in their life than the unthankful one.
Of course our lives are never perfect but we still strive for perfection. But you know how it is. You reach the top of one mountain and lo and behold! there's another mountain to climb! Don't feel discouraged by this. Be sure to look back at all the mountains you've climbed and acknowledge the growth and progress you've made. Be thankful for the experiences because without them, you wouldn't be where you are today.

And what if where you are today is not where you want to be? Again, be thankful that you are where you are - because now you have a very clear idea of what you don't want. You can now work towards what you do want. If you are wondering how to get started on this, begin with a list. Write down every little thing you're thankful for. Nothing is too small to put on this list. Include the mundane things like the first cup of coffee in the morning or the birds that were singing. Tell yourself that you're going to add to it all day as ideas pop into your head. Keep this idea in your mind all day. You don't have to be totally focussed on it, just be open and know that at the end of the day when you read over your list, you're going to see that there are so many wonderful things in your life that you have to be thankful for.

You can even add things that you don't have, but want. This is important in manifesting our dreams.

By Trish Hoskin

http://self-awareness.suite101.com/article.cfm/being_in_a_state_of_thankfulness


posted@9:22am
posted by Ms.Honey at 6:20 AM

14 Comments:

now that was AWESOME!!! i just reminded myself of this VERY thing this morning, while talking to the bestest i reminded myself of some life lessons that are, well what she talks about...this was a GREAT way to keep it moving this week...thanks for sharing!

August 29, 2007  

Beautiful, this post is exactly how I feel. I am thankful for everything the good and the bad. You have to be. I agree with the "bad mood" people versus "the can-do". I believe this is why alot of hating occurs. The "bad moods" confuse a person being "BLESSED" with being "Oh she think she the shyt"
Crazy folks.

August 29, 2007  

TC...I thought this was a great article cause I needed to read it :)

MisUnderstood...I totally agree.

August 29, 2007  

Amen!! *Hand Waving In The Air*

August 29, 2007  

This is such a beautiful, beautiful post to share. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you very much!
I've never thought of starting a "thankful journal" before. That is some good advice and I just may do this.

August 29, 2007  

What a great post. I find that when you complain all the time (there is a time and a place to complain), you end up closing yourself off to blessings. When you're thankful for the things that you already have, you will be blessed with more--better opportunities, etc.

August 29, 2007  

You betta tell it!! How often do we lose sight of what's good cuz we so busy dwellin on what's wrong! Thanks HL for this!

August 29, 2007  

Bmore...LOL I see you in the back I see you in the back

GoodNapps...Your more than welcome, I figured I'd share something wonderful :)

Tasha...I know right that's why I try to remember that it could be soo much worse..just be thankful for the moment and opportunity

Durty...No prob :)

August 29, 2007  

Thank you! I needed this.

August 29, 2007  

Excellent timing on the post

I was just telling my children the other day that WE take so much for granted -- how we have SO MUCH to be thankful for.

Gotta print up a couple of copies of this one. Plan on sharing it with them later on today.

Thanks for sharing with us :-)

August 29, 2007  

Diva...Your welcome!!

MsBehaving...I do what I can mayum lol I'm glad I was able to share

August 29, 2007  

Thanks for sharing that one!

August 29, 2007  

Wow, I am back just in time. I needed to read that. Thanks for the share girlie.

The blogger formerly knows as tantrum, Lol.

August 30, 2007  

MsLee..No problemo

Gurl...YAHHHHHH I've missed you :) so glad your back

August 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home