Life through my eyes......
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Thankful for Enough
Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport as the daughter's departure had been announced. Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the mother said, "I love you and I wish you enough."
The daughter replied, "Mom, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Mom." As the daughter left I walked over to the mother and said "When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?" She began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations.
My parents used to say it to everyone." She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail and she smiled even more. "When we said 'I wish you enough' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them". Then turning toward me, she shared the following, reciting it from memory. I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright. I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger. I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess. I wish you enough helloes to get you through the final good-bye. She then began to cry and walked away. They say it takes a minute to> find a special person, An hour to appreciate them , A day to love them, and an entire life to forget them.
TAKE TIME TO LIVE! I WISH YOU ENOUGH
I'm thankful for Enough!!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Getting down with Jameil
1) You have a Ghandi quote as your tag. What change do you think you can make to have a lasting impact on the world? I would have to say, raising my children as my parents raised me. You never know one of them could be the next president cause I sure dont want to be it LOL. I mean I know I do some community service and what not but most of the time honestly I'm content with sitting in the back or rather doing the work that goes on behind the scene, not to say that I dont ever want to shine..I do, but I get more happiness out of seeing things go right....so I'm raise my children and pray that they would discover a cure for cancer...or better yet stupidity LOL...let me stop.
2) Where do you want to be in 5 years? Hmm I think I did this one already but since I just turned 25, I want to be married with possibly one child and out of law school.
3) If Hun left tomorrow, would you be ok? I would be hurt yes, but depending on where he went and why I'd do my best to get over it and move on.
4) Your fam has you all up IN the church. What's your favorite Bible verse? I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me. It's just something about knowing that I can do ANYTHING because I have this power inside me..I need to remember that more often.
5) Other than DC, NOVA, or 7 cities, where would you like to live and why? I'd love to live in SC (I have relatives down there and I love the sun), Atlanta...I visited there and I love the black culture down there...I've been to Miami but I dont wanna live down there people are too stuck on how you look I aint got time to be working out all the dang on time.
6) What's your dream job and what are you doing to get there? A Family attorney with my own practice working my own hours and being able to really say that I'm there for my family and not feel like I'm sacraficing my time or my clients time to do so. Well right now I work at a law firm, I'm in paralegal school and after that is done with I'm going to look for a job as a paralegal in a family law practice, work there for a couple of years and then go on to law school.
Today is one of those days, I keep saying to myself somethings that I've written in my thankful posts. Me and Hun got into it last night....he had to work last night and came home and wanted to cuddle...or rather he was holding me and I was just there. Kissed me this morning and I didnt want to get into it so I let him and he asked if I was ok, I of course said I was when I wasn't but I just dont feel like dealing with it anymore so I left the house......hmmmmm so to take my mind off of things I'm working on reading and whatnot for class..I have an exam due tomorrow it's take home so I'm gonna work on it at work and then go home and hit the bed......hopefully I'll be aight later this week.....I talked to my sissy (DeepNThought) and she got me to thinking that I really do need to understand that he has his own way of doing things and loving...we're both different..however I think we should be able to compromise..I dont think he feels the same....great
posted @ 10:18am
Monday, October 29, 2007
Back to It...
Back to the Interview Questions
Questions provided by the Opinionated DIVA...I love reading her blog she is too hilarious...so I figured her questions would be interesting and I was right :)
1.The story of your life is being made into a movie. Who would you pick to play you (you can't play yourself) and why? I would pick Angela Bassett, I mean she's the bomb and I loved her in Tina Turner so I know she would do me justice lol....
2.If you could live in any city in the world other than your current one, where would it be and why? I can't really think of a city but a state other than VA hmm that would have to be SC I dont know what the south is calling me but as soon as I finish school I'm looking to move...I've already told Hun so he can either get with it or stay here LOL
3.If you could have dinner with a famous celebrity (currently deceased) who would it be and why? Martin Luther King, I mean he was a great man who moved the country but I'd also like to learn more about him other than what we all know like why he had affairs on his wife...everyone has secrets and I would want to know them
4.If you could be invisible for a day, who would you spy on and why? I'd spy on Hun LOL to see if he talks about me during the day sike he's pretty boring, hmm I'd spy on the president of the US, just cause I'd want to catch him diggin in his butt or something LOL..I'm crazy like that
5.Who is your favorite blogger and why? I dont have a favorite and that's honest LOL...all the ones I've met are cool and all the ones that I've talked to are cool but of course I'm pretty biased to a couple but they shall remain nameless LOL
6.You receive an indecent proposal from Flavor Flav...$5 Mill to spend the night with him. Do you accept the offer? HECK NO...unless spend the night with him equals him not kissing me or trying to grop me up...I would..however I am in no shape or form attracted to him and yes 5 mill is enticing but I dont like throwing up so no.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Next week I'll finish the interview questions...dont know what I'm doing this weekend other than celebrating my bday again with one of my homies whose bday is today. Going to the movies tonight to see Saw 4..matter of fact I'm on my way to buy tickets right now for the midnight show. Hun is enjoying some me time this weekend which means that he wont have to feel like he needs to entertain me LOL so I'll be hanging with some homies all weekend..great
In honor of it being Friday (one of my favorite days of the week) Here are my TMI questions.
1. What are your 7 favorite tactile things that turn you on? Sex (like oral, or penetrative) cannot be an answer. (Examples: silk, light tickling, etc). a light touch...like just barely (Hun does this great, it's never his whole finger just slightly his finger tips), a smile (I love looking at the person I'm with and seeing them smile with their face and eyes), a kiss (as you know I love lips so umm yea lol), cologone (I love me some man smell goods, Hun doesn't wear cologne too much but I love his deodarant..yea I spelled it wrong I think oh well), dress (nothing beats a man in a suit, we might not make it out on time lol), hugs (I just love hugs whether they come from Hun or someone else I love) and music (aint nothing like some jodeci or brian mcknight mannnn its a WRAP)
2. What are your non-genital errogenous zones and what do you like done to them? My neck I love to have it nuzzled (I know that sounds kinda animalish lol), my ears (I love to have them licked lol), my lower back (I love to have it rubbed) and I love when someone plays in my hair
3. What sounds get you sexually charged? I would have to say him talking, sometimes I like a little eggin on, I like to know that you are enjoying what I'm doing and you find me HIGHLY attractive lol.
4. After losing your virginity, what is the longest you’ve gone without penetrative sex? I would have to say a couple of months. I lost it to this guy who was not my boyfriend and at the time I had just met someone and a couple of month later we did the do lol
5. What is your least favorite sexual position? Why don't you like it? I like em all LOL..let me stop. Hmmm I'd have to say I dont have a least favorite..maybe I need to experiment so I can find one that I dont like
Bonus (as in optional):If you could sexually dominate or submit to 5 people - any 5, currently living or deceased - which 5 would it be? Malcom X, Denzel Washington (see a theme lol), my ex in college, Devonte (from Jodeci..the old him not him now lol), and Shaun from Boys 2 Men...
Monday, October 22, 2007
Worth a Thousand Words
The weekend was great, my bday was wonderful, good food at Carrabas (the bill was insane). Went to the movies, saw 30 days of night (which was great) had Mon and Tues off so you know coming to work yesterday was a TASK of itself. Got a gift card for Nine West (my babe knows I love me some shoes), was nice the whole weekend....so yea it was rather nice....I'll probably be back to normal Monday lol...I'm fine just trying to get back in the groove of things...and we all know how hard that is....I'm almost there though. So since I dont have much to say (I know WHAT?!!) lol I'm postin pics.
As you can see I'm a camera whore...Hun says I take it everywhere too much LOL...how can you take photos too much lol
Thursday, October 18, 2007
So here goes my version of TMI Tuesday of course done on Thursday:
1. What was the first movie you saw on a date? Hmm on a group date I went to see Anaconda...my mom didn't know so I dont know if I count it as a real date LOL...
2. Who was the first person you kissed on a date? [First name is fine.] He was my first boyfriend and now he's one of my best friends his name is D. Actually we had a couple of supposed first kissess lol...we went to the same church and our friends were always trying to get us to kiss...so yea lol
3. Where was the first place you ever "parked" (on a date)? I've never really parked on a date....however I can remember going on this date with this guy I use to work with at Sams Club and we were parting ways and it took us about an hour and a half to say bye LOL...needlesstosay we umm finally said goodbye after halfway taking off our clothes LOL and it was right in front of his house haha. However the first time I "parked" would have been not really a park cause it was in church lol in the sound room above the santuary...in the stairwell..yea I know what can I say I was sheltered so when I got to church I got to be around my friends lol...my mom is a rev and my dad is a deacon however I AM NOT A BAD GIRL LOL
4. Have you ever gone on a date with someone you met via the internet? If not, would you? Yes I have a couple of times and I've only had one bad experience I think I've talked about it before. I had a really nice date with this guy once...he picked me up and we went to DC did dinner and then walked at night through the city....ahhhh see I love simple things like that
5. What is the most romantic thing you have done on a first date? Hmm most romantic thing done on a first date...picnic by the water in Hampton..it was a nice day and I've never done that before..well at the time I hadn't
Bonus (as in optional):Describe the best date you have ever been on. Hmmm I'd have to say it would have been when I went out with the person I consider the man who taught me how to really love. He came and picked me up we actually had on the same color shirt we went to a museum and talked and walked, then we went to dinner, went back to his place and watched movies...it was really refreshing. Of course I can pick others but I liked that one
Have a great weekend...I might post pics tomorrow in honor of my locaversary however if not I will be back on Tuesday!!!!
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Thanks for the Laugh
old man on the train, I was knocked out good till you kept bumping me trying to talk to the person behind you
old man on the train for talking so loud I though you were talking directly in my ear..hopefully your wife isn't deaf now
person on the train for laughing so loud I just had to shut my eyes tighter praying that the sirens would stop
5 min dream that I had while I was knocked out on the train...why can't I remember you now
old lady outside the Farragut West metro station....you seem so angry asking for change and shaking that cup I just had to thank God that I'm blessed to not be in that situation...we're all one bad decision away from that
Farragut Triangle man for smiling at me while you swept up the leaves....nice to know that you think I look rather cute..or you just love smiling either way it benefits me lol
hotel bell man for walking past me when you did....your aftershave reminded me of my daddy and I just had to smile
old couple for walking down the street hand in hand, I pray that I'm blessed with someone to love and care about and for when I'm in my old age.
Russ Parr and the morning crew for making me crack up when Mai ling asked how she could get her behind to clap and snap back LOL..WOW
Lord, for allowing me to notice the things around me and smile
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
1. In your first ever post, you said you "hope to try to create some of balance within my life inunderstanding the daily trials and tribulations that I go through being a 22 (almost 23) year old professional, intelligent, attractive black woman in the DC/VA area". Here we are two years later. Have you? No that's the short answer LOL. The long answer would be no however I've learned so much more about myself by writing and getting it all out that sometimes the confusion makes sense...I mean it means I'm living life versus not doing anything at all. I enjoyed dating while I was doing it, had some great stories and not that I dont have great stories now but being with someone in a relationship is a whole nother aspect lol. I am not saying that I tell all my business on here....I'm sure some of that have talked to me voice to voice know that and some of you dont but I get the gist of my feelings out and that helps create a little bit of balance.
2. What has been your best/worst blogging experiences? Who is the best blogger you've met?Which blogger do you most want to meet (and I won't be mad if it isn't me)? I've never had a bad blogger experience and I'm thankful for that. So far I think that all the bloggers I've met would be great ones your all my favorites :) Some of you are closer to me in distance than others are farther but I love ya just the same. The blogger I wanna meet (if I had to pick one and you know that's so hard to do sometimes LOL cause I love you all and would love to go on a blogger tour) would have to be my Libra Twin Mis Understood....she seems like she's be loads of fun to hang out with...we have sooo much in common and I think we'd have a blast together :) HEYYY GURL!!! I'm coming to visit sooner or later.
3. You're turning 25 this month. What's your five year plan?
Finish paralegal school in the next year or so. Get a new job, move out of VA, maybe get married if that's in the cards at the end of the 5 year period. Apply to law school around year 4...I think that sounds like a pretty good 5 year plan.
4. From your TMI Tuesday responses, I get the impression that you are very comfortable with your inner freak and or a closet exhibitionist, and you've even admitted yourself that you are very liberal when it comes to sex, but what is one thing that NO man will ever be able to get you to do sexually? I've learned to never say never so honestly I dont know HOWEVER...I will not I repeat WILL NOT be sexing any animals LOL or peeing on you, that's just nasty!!!
5. What are your relationship non-negotiables (things you can't/won't compromise on)? You have to have lips I can't stand someone who has no lips and on top of that can't kiss EWWWWWW!!!! You have to like to talk, which is weird cause Hun don't talk much..he says I talk too much haha and on top of that I love talking about how I feel I want to know that you care about me..you aint got to say it everyday but at least once a month is nice LOL. I can't compromise on someone making me feel like they support me....dont tear me down, dont make me feel like I'm nothing..you might not like what I do but dang on it dont degrade me.
6. I am one that no longer believes in regrets. Things happen for a reason and everyone that comes into your life does so for a reason. That being said, what have you learned from your last 3 boyfriends? I've learned that I can be very stubborn, I've learned that I can be anal about some stuff, I've learned that I am beautiful, I've learned that I can very emotional which is a blessing and a curse. I've learned that I sometimes wear my heart on my sleeves, I've learned that sometimes I get into things and when they dont go my way I run not a good look. I've learned that I can never stop learning about me :) I mean I'm the bomb who wouldn't love me hahah
Monday, October 15, 2007
Aight here goes again. I had a nice relaxing fun weekend. Got to finally meet Mr. Organized who at first intimidated me with his deep voice LOL...and he is also a cutie..too bad Hun's in the picture. Got to hang out with TTD, GTL and T who I haven't seen in a while..so that was nice...the food was good, drinks were even better and the company was great. Sunday I went to see Why did I get married, which was a GREAT movie..MAN. I told Hun he needs to see it he of course didnt' think so however R wants to go see it LOL..funny...speaks volumes about how different they are. But anywho it was a good movie I def wanna go see it again I went during matinee time and I think some folks had gotten out of church early lol great
The questions in today's interview are by a blogger buddy who emailed me when I was going through some things and I learned that we had something in common (we're adopted) and turns out she's rather interesting lol...check her out sometime. Trenting is her name and I aint linkin, I'm too lazy it's monday and plus I forgot how to lol
1.If you were to die suddenly, who would be the first to find you, how long do you think it would take for you to be found? Right now I'm at work, so it would be my coworker hopefully it wouldn't be too long seeing as she has to walk past my desk to get to the printer lol...plus I'm always talking to her and talking period so she might come over when she notices that it's too quiet on my side of the wall.
2.If you [knowingly]were going to die tomorrow, what would you do today, what would you say to people, who would you choose to say goodbye to? I'd take the day off, drive down to Hampton tonight to spend my last day with my family..kissing them and letting them know how much I love them. Id write letters to my nieces and nephews so that they would know how much I love and adore them and how I know they will become great things and I'll be looking over them. I'd call Hun and tell him thank you for loving me in his own way and even though I might not understand his way of loving me...it's love and that's what matters. I'd call an ex of mine and wish him the best and thank him for opening up the door for me to understand how to love me and be happy alone and ask him what would he have done if I had fought harder for us..tell him that I love him. Eat dinner with my fam and hopefully die in my sleep
3.What is your biggest dream or goal, do you think you will accomplish that dream or goal in your lifetime? Of course I'd love to have a job where I can work from home..but honestly I want to be a mommie. Not really a stay at home one but one that's involved in everything and can still work a full time job LOL yea I know impossible lol...but I love children and I want at least 3. I can't wait to have kids..but clearly I will lol
4.If you and one other person were left on this earth, who would you want that other person to be and why? I'd have to say my BFF Jill LOL sike nah but for real my best friend who I've known since we were 5 well she was 5 and I was 4 lol. We've been through lots and have soo many memories...she's my twin, my other half and I love her to death. She understands me and although we dont agree with everything the other does we still can be bluntly honest with one another and there's no love lost :) Now I might pick a dude though so that we could procreate lol and if I did it would be R. He's funny, we have a great time together and I dont think we'd have bad looking off spring lol. Hmm celebrity status I'd have to choose between Denzel and LL and I can't do that so hopefully I dont even have to be alone with one another person cause I dont think one person could act like all those people LOL
As you can see I can never give a straight answer LOL
Friday, October 12, 2007
I like to cuddle first then take a nice shower however sometimes cuddling can bring on sleep so it depends on how good it was LOL
2. Have you ever fake orgasms?
Yes I have..he was horrible thought he was good and in the words of Keyshia Cole....I just wanted it to be over
3. In any 24 hour period, what is the most number of time you have ever had sex?
Hmmm I think about 6 times.....he and I had the day off and it was a dang on wrap LOL..slept, ate watched TV and got it in....
4. Have you ever had sex or give/received oral sex while you were driving a car?
I've given it while someone was driving a car...it was funny to watch him try to remain on the road while still enjoying the whole thing lol
5. What do you think the average number of sexual partners your partner has in their lifetime (so for me a male)? Do you think most people lie when asked?
Hmm I dont know I think guys tend to have about 50..yea I think folks like but I mean when you really think about it, sex is not just intercourse so if you could all that I think I've used up one hand LOL
Bonus (as in optional): Can men and women be "just friends?" (Explain)
I think men and women can just be friends, I've done it before and I'll do it again. I think when both people understand how things should work and are open with one another then things can work..it's when someone's wires get crossed that things change.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Thursday, October 11, 2007
So today's set of questions come from a chic that I've talked to once (and that will change mayum LOL) offline (on IM). She is as funny on her blog as she is not in her blog. I look forward to reading her blog and I love stopping by to see her pics :) Her name is Pro
1) How tall are you?
The last time I checked (junior year of college) I was 5'2 and a half. Yes I want my half it's mine and I earned it.
2) What's the longest relationship you've been in?
OK, so the longest relationship that I've been in lasted from elementary school to freshmen year of college..off and on of course I think the longest we were together once we realized what boyfriend and girlfriend really were would have been about 3-4 years...but even when we weren't together during our off times we still were kinda together LOL. Funny thing is he's like my brother now and we're both in relationships. If someone couldn't understand how we are then clearly I wouldn't be with them. He's one of my best friends :)
3) What is your birth order?
I'm the first girl and the oldest girl. I have an older brother and two younger sisters..in case you couldnt' figure it out :)
4) Are you a daddy's girl or momma's baby?
Hmm I'd have to say hands down I'm a momma's baby. I love her to death, she's my roll dog, I can't go a week without talking to her, if I do it's cause something is wrong with my phone or I just can't keep up with her busy schedule. However I have gotten close to my dad since I've moved away from home..he's not as bad as I thought he was :)
5) If you could have one extreme makeover done on you or about you what would it be (i.e. like change your profession, college major, boob job)?
I'd have to say I would change my major to social work and minor in legal studies and i would have gone to another school..maybe not another school but I would have tried harder to move out of state after graduation from college. I'd also get some liposuction on these thighs LOL
6) Are you a salt or sweet 'aholic?
I love sweet drinks. I like my stuff to sneak up on me..dont bring me nothing hard unless you know I've had a big meal cause one and a half drinks will have me laughing at you and your momma lol. Now if we're not talking about drinks and we're talking about foods..I love salty stuff..pretzels, chips, doritos and sometimes I mix the sweet and salty stuff like raisinets and popcorn emmmm...m and m's and pretzels delicious!!
There's still time to send me questions...I'll probaby ride this out till next Thursday when my bday weekend begins. So if you got a question shoot me an email and read next Thursday when I answer all the non interview questions :) firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.
Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count all the kind deeds instead of the mean.
Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on Jesus instead of yourself.
Tuesday, October 09, 2007
Interview with a Vampire
Monday, October 08, 2007
Good thing is some of my fellow bloggers have been letting others interview them...this is a great idea so I'm gonna do the same :) Yes I like to copy off of others...only if it's a good idea though lol....so each day I'll have a new set of questions....and for those that don't interview me I'll give you the opportunity to ask me something and I'll post all those questions on the last day.
Here we go.......
Friday, October 05, 2007
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
I'm thankful for....
being allowed to wake up this morning and see the sky
talking to my sister who cracks me up all the time
for having my phone back and in working order WOOOHOOOO
for the anticipation of this weekend and doing nothing...hopefully
family, friends, life and love
being able to learn new things everyday about myself
seeing how Hun is changing when it comes to showing me that he does miss me when he's not with me lol
my upcoming bday..I dont know what I'll be doing yet...maybe nothing and that will be just fine with me then again I'll probably call some of you guys to harass you LOL...
interesting sights and sounds as I walk to work...I saw a lady playing a harmonica in front of a window..she was facing the window like she was looking at herself play...UMM WOW..alrighty lol
talking to my ex Red from TX and telling him to stop the guilt tripping it's not gonna work, and to not even call or message me anymore...I dont need folks who claim they want to be my friend but steadly asking me when they can sleep with me again ....great
for each of you :)
Monday, October 01, 2007
This weekend was nice....hung out with Hun on Friday....I was passed out and missed the party so I'm gonna have to come up to BMORE one weekend. Saturday me and Hun went on the boat cruise with the coworkers. Why we thought that we were gonna get left if we got there later than 12 ohhh no this boat didn't pull off till 1pm...and by that time I was soo hungry I could have jumped in the water and caught my own food :)
The boat tour was nice it would have been great if there was real alcohol lol sike let me stop I drank some wine and that was it...it was too funny cause Hun drank some wine and was like this mess is nasty how do you drink this....so I drank his too :) We got off the boat we home and got some groceries it's funny how much stuff he doesn't eat that I do...I like tuna he doesn't, I like alfredo sauce he doesn't LOL..ah well...I'm still gonna eat what I want.
After that we just chilled out and what not..got up Sunday and ran some errands, I cooked some dinner and watched a lil TV...
So as you can see it was pretty chill..however my cell phone got ran over so umm if I have your number you might wanna send it to me again LOL...and if I dont have your number now is the time to send it to me so I can call and harass you LOL...
I was coming out of Bed Bath & Beyond...and I dropped it with my shopping bag (I love that store by the way..I almost got carried away in there). Instead of me picking it up and putting it in my purse I kinda like held it between my leg and the bag....so it kinda fell between the door meaning it was hanging out...so I didn't notice this and it fell out the door...I saw it in my mirror..got out and someone ran over it..great....
Hope you had a good weekend....hopefully this day passes a lil quicker since I've been in here since quarter to 7.
In other news: The countdown for my BDAY begins.....19 more days to gooooooo!!!!
posted at 7:26am